Debit Card Change from Mastercard to Visa
Effective at 4:00am Thursday, May 12, customers should begin using their new Visa Debit Cards. The current Mastercard debit cards are now disabled and are no longer available for any type of transaction.
Visa Debit Cards started arriving via mail prior to May 12 to the customer’s mailing address on file at the bank.
Beginning Thursday, May 12, you can activate your new card and select a PIN by calling 877-965-3344.
Please note your Community Spirit Debit Mastercard is no longer active; dispose of it appropriately.
- I never received my new Visa card or may have thrown my card away.
- We will be able to print instant issue cards by late Thursday, May 12. Please call your local branch to confirm if card printing is available.
- If you are a new customer and did not have an account prior to 4/15/2022 – we will not be able to instant issue print your card until 5/16/2022. Call your local branch with any questions or concerns you have.
- If you have additional cash needs during this time, please visit a local branch during banking hours.
- I pulled the sticker off my card; how do I activate it?
- You can activate your card and PIN it by calling: 877-965-3344
- You can verify your card via phone number or the last 4-digits of your social security number.
- My debit card isn’t working or is getting declined.
- Have you activated your new Visa debit card yet?
- Which card are you trying to use, the old blue or the new beige card?
- May 12th at 4:00am, Visa (new beige) debit cards go live, and Mastercards (old blue) are turned off.
- Do I have to set up my auto-payments and digital payment service accounts again because of this new card?
- Unfortunately, yes. Since we updated to a Visa Debit Card, you will have to update any auto payments or digital payment services, such as PayPal, Venmo, or Cash App, to your new debit card number.